Resources for better instructional design.
I’ve found these useful for my own learning – hopefully you will too.
- Canva » Create images using this online design platform.
- Font Squirrel » Locate new fonts, identify fonts, and general typography resources.
- Information Is Beautiful » Breathaking examples of how to present data as visuals, infographics, interactives, and other informational art.
- The Noun Project » An extensive collection of symbols and icons.
- Unsplash, Pixabay, and Pexels » Three reliable websites for sourcing free images.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) » The preeminent talent development professional organization.
- Cathy Moore: Let’s Save the World from Boring Training » One of the best instructional design blogs, featuring insight, instruction, and more.
- Christy Tucker: Building Engaging Learning Experience » eLearning and instructional design blog with useful advice and examples.
- Digital Pedagogy Lab » CU Denver’s annual international digital pedagogy professional development gathering.
- EDUCAUSE » Research-based, forward-thinking nonprofit organization offering superb publications, papers, conferences, and more. Their annual Horizons Report is especially informative.
- Edutopia » K-12 education learning strategies, resources, and tools.
- eLearning Brothers » A great resource for eLearning templates and examples.
- The eLearning Coach – Connie Malamed » One of the best eLearning blogs out there, with extensive guidance on everything from writing to audience analysis to multimedia use.
- The eLearning Guild » Community and resources for eLearning professionals.
- eLearning Heroes » Articulate’s online self-education resources, templates, guidance, and community.
- eLearning Industry » Extensive article hub covering every aspect of instructional design.
- Instructional Design Central » A community of instructional designers that offers membership, template libraries, needs analysis tools, and other useful resources.
- Joni Dunlap » CU Denver faculty.
- Learning Theories » Easy-to-read summaries of learning theories, paradigms, and models.
- NOAA: Needs Assessment Guide » An in-depth guide to conducting needs assessment (originally designed for scientists but equally applicable to instructional designers.)
- Remi Kalir » CU Denver faculty.
- Steven Downes: OLDaily » A newsletter delivered daily or weekly (your preference) discussing eLearning design, theory, and trends.
- Training Magazine » Articles, events, webinars, and other training-related resources.
- American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)